The internet website is ran by Madame Irma SPRL, a belgian commercial company (European union).
Rue du Sart Ernage 1
Terms & conditions
- If no written exceptions agreed between Madame Irma SPRL and its customers, every relations between Madame Irma SPRL and its customers are subjected to these terms and conditions which are known and accepted by the customers, even if those terms and conditions are opposed to their own terms and conditions or buying conditions. The terms and conditions are available in the languages used on this website. In case of a dispute, the French version of the terms and conditions prevails over other languages.
- The customers declares that they are not going to resell the purchased products. Any distributor interested in the products of Madame Irma SPRL has to contact Madame Irma SPRL.
- All our prices are taxes INCLUDED if no mention “taxes excluded”. The product offers and price lists are subject to any changes or corrections. Pictures of the products are not contractual.
- Every order confirmation brings acceptation of prices and descriptions of the products. While buying online, the customers accepts to conclude a contract of purchase with Madame Irma SPRL and accept these terms and conditions. The customers are informed of the confirmation of their order by an email describing the terms of the order. Madame Irma SPRL commits itself to respect received orders on the website while stocks last.
If the products are not available, Madame Irma SPRL commits itself to inform the customers as soon as possible. The purchase contract between Madame Irma SPRL and its customers arises when Madame Irma SPRL accepts the order.
- The products are delivered by BPOST in Belgium or by their partners in other countries. Possible delays will not involve any damages from Madame Irma SPRL. Any duty taxes, like import taxes owed will be paid by the consignees and will never be claimed back to Madame Irma SPRL.
- Notwithstanding the article 1583 of belgian civil code, Madame Irma SPRL owns the sold goods until full payment of the principal amount and possible interests on arrears and damages.
- Immediately after receiving the goods, the customers have to manage a meticulous inspection of the goods and, in case of defect or damages from transport, to inform the seller by mail or email (email@example.com). In case of, within 2 (two) days after delivery of the goods, the customers don’t contact Madame Irma SPRL to communicate the possible defects or damages noticed during the inspection, it is considered that the goods are fully accepted by the customers in the state in which they are and the right for any complaints expires after that delay. The seller must be immediately able to control any complaints. The customers commits to give to the seller, in any circumstances, the possibility to repair or replace the possible damages or defects.
The customers loses the rights and competences at their disposal if they don’t communicate their complaints in the delays noted above and/or they don’t give the seller the possibility to repair or remplace the possible damages or defects and/or if they don’t pay enough attention to discover the damages or defects as soon as possible.
If the complaints are justified in seller’s eyes, the seller will have the possibility either to pay a compensation up to the value of the delivered goods or to replace the damaged or defect goods for free. The seller does not have to pay any additional compensations or damages, in any kind.
- In the scope of distance selling to consumers under application of the law of 14 july 1991, amended by the law of may 25th 1999, the consumers have the right to inform the seller that they cancel their purchase, without any penalties and reasons, within 15 workdays from the day after the delivery of the parcel. In case of exercise of this right, the consumers have to send back the goods in the original packing and in brand new state to Madame Irma SPRL, to their own risks and to their own costs.
- Because of their purchase on the internet site of Madame Irma SPRL, the customers allow Madame Irma SPRL to process their personal data and to use them for administrative purpose, orders management, deliveries or invoicing and follow-up of solvency. The customers who have ordered on the website www.irmatime.com will be able, at any time, to consult and amend their own personal data that Madame Irma SPRL registered. The customers have the right to oppose themselves, on demand and for free, to the treatment of the information for marketing or advertising purposes.
- If any of these present conditions and terms should be declared null and void or non-applicable, the other present conditions and terms keep in force, and that condition would be applicable to the extend allowed by the law.
- The different parties accept, in the scope of their relations, every electronic pieces of evidence such as emails, back ups,…
- Conflicts about the conclusion, validity, interpretation or execution of the contract are only ruled by belgian law. In case of dispute, only the courts of the seller’s head office are competent.